Monday, February 13, 2012

No Cespedes in Miami

I just read that the Oakland Athletics made the surprise move to land Cuban outfielder Yoenis Cespedes. Probably the two people happiest about this are me and Emilio Bonifacio although not necessarily in that order. Bonifacio is coming off his break out year and is penciled in as their starting center fielder in 2012. The signing of Cespedes would have hampered his chances to build on that since Cespedes will likely play in center and it would have pushed Bonifacio back into an utility role. I have long been a fan of Bonifacio and he'll be one I will carry over on the roster in my keeper league. Given the chance to bat second in that line up as projected he could easily put up much better numbers than last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment